Parents Right-to-Know Policy
At the beginning of each school year, any district that receives funds under NCLB Title I shall notify the parents of each student attending any school receiving funds that the parents may request, and the agency will provide the parents on request and in a timely manner, information regarding the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers including, at a minimum, the following:
• Whether Oklahoma State Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
• Whether Oklahoma State Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
• The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
• Whether any teachers or similar paraprofessionals provide services to the parent’s child and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition, parents may request and a school shall provide to each parent the following:
• Information on the level of achievement of their child in each of the state academic assessments as required under NCLB; and
• Timely notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught, for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not highly qualified.