Spanish III is designed for the Intermediate Low – Intermediate Mid learner. Students learn more complex communication skills while continuing to cultivate cultural competence and understanding through a study of the practices, products and perspectives of the many cultures that share the Spanish language. Preparation for the Advanced Placement test is stressed at this level. Spanish usage in the classroom is required and Spanish usage beyond the classroom is highly encouraged for enjoyment and enrichment. Students in this class are required to take the Level 3 National Spanish Exam in April.
- Participate in conversations on familiar topics using sentences and series of sentences. Handle short social interactions in everyday situations by asking and answering a variety of questions. Say what you want to say about yourself and your everyday life.
- Make presentations on a wide variety of familiar topics using connected sentences.
- Write on a wide variety of familiar topics using connected sentences.
- Understand the main idea in messages and presentations on a variety of topics related to everyday life and personal interests and studies. Understand the main idea in conversations that are overheard.
- Understand the main idea of texts related to everyday life and personal interests or studies.