Modern Dance- Beginning
This class is taught as a beginning level dance course. Class emphasis will be focused on understanding correct dance terminology, movement, body placement, muscle development, and flexibility. There is an emphasis on creativity and students will be able to create their own movement phrases at a beginning level.
- Students will have beginning level movement experiences that explore the principles of gravity, spatial awareness, rhythm, and collaboration.
- Students will explore beginning level movement combinations that include floor work, center combinations, and locomotor patterns.
- Students will have the opportunity to perform in the dance concerts.
- Students will have the opportunity to express their creativity through their own choreography.
- Student will develop choreography and work together in groups to accomplish choreographic tasks.