Modern Dance- Advanced
This class is taught as an advanced level dance course. Class emphasis will be focused on understanding correct dance terminology, movement, body placement, muscle development, and flexibility. Movement sequences and skills reflect more complexity as students gain skill and confidence. Additionally, advanced students will have opportunities to perform and represent Harding at performing occasions outside of school.
- Students will have movement experiences that explore the principles of gravity, spatial awareness, rhythm, and collaboration.
- Students will explore more intricate movement combinations that include floor work, center combinations, and locomotor patterns.
- Students will have the opportunity to perform in the dance concerts and other events.
- Students will have the opportunity to express their creativity through their own choreography.
- Student will develop choreography and work together in groups to accomplish choreographic tasks.