Visual Art III
Art III continues to emphasize the development of skills and abilities to analyze , organize, conceptualize, and create works of art in a variety of media. At this level, students are encouraged to begin to develop more of a personal direction as they create their art.
The skills, vocabulary, aesthetics and all other areas from the Visual Arts Common Core National Standards curriculum will be emphasized. There is even more of an emphasis for the student to develop a better understanding and appreciation for the visual arts. The student will be exposed to art in a historical and cultural context, and will develop vocabulary, judgments and aesthetics that will allow him/her to better discuss and /or critique works of art. Students will continue to build their portfolios.
Artists in Visual Art III will strive to achieve the following goals:
- Demonstrate sophisticated use of the Elements and Principles of Art and Design
- Build confidence in drawing skill and manipulation of art media
- Explore the relationships between form and content
- Define personal historic reference points and other sources of inspiration
- Use constructive critical thinking skills to assess his or her own work and the works of others
- Continue to develop individual artistic voice