Beginning Drama is an introductory study of Theatre. Topics to include: structure of drama, evaluations of drama, play production, improvisation, pantomime, acting and emotional development.
- Understand the performing arts and gain appreciation for the art form
- Develop stage presence and voice projection through participation in performance activities
- Demonstrate self-confidence by projecting a desired image in both social and performance settings
- Practice performance techniques, including movement, diction, facial expression and gesture
- Explore the use of objectives, obstacles and choices
- Learn basic stage and rehearsal terms
- Learn about theatre etiquette and the audition process