Pre-AP English 10
This course will focus of the Oklahoma State PASS objectives for English. Students in English II will read, discuss, and write about both classical and contemporary world literature and non-fiction. Students will examine pieces of literature and non-fiction in a cultural context to appreciate the diversity and complexity of world issues and to connect global ideas to their own experiences. The Pre- AP course will help develop students’ ability to critically read, think, research, discuss, and write about literature and the world in which they live. Students will explore language for expressive, explanatory, critical, argumentative and literary purposes.
- Critically interpret and evaluate experiences, literature, language, and ideas.
- Use standard grammatical conventions and select features of language appropriate to purpose, audience and context of the work.
- Develop analytical and interpretative skills.
- Think and speak critically and persuasively in a variety of situations.
- Participate in group discussions and projects.
- Gain literal and interpretive information through viewing.
- Prepare for the 10th Grade English EOI test.
- Prepare for the AP English Language and AP English Literature courses.