Advanced Placement Courses
Advanced Placement (AP) is a program in the United States and Canada, created by the College Board, which offers college-level curricula and examinations to high school students. American colleges and universities often grant placement and course credit to students who obtain high scores on the examinations.
At HFAA we currently offer the following AP courses:
- AP Language and Composition
- AP Literature and Composition
- AP Calculus
- AP Statistics
- AP French
- AP Studio Art (Drawing)
- AP Psychology
- AP European History
- AP Government
There are many reasons to take AP courses. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Challenge yourself academically.
- Set yourself apart in college admission.
- Earn college credit and placement with a successful exam score.
- Choose a major sooner.
- Take more elective classes in college.
- Add a minor and second major more easily.
For more information on Advanced Placement courses, talk to the HFAA guidance counselor and go to: