What makes Harding Fine Arts Academy Unique?
Students with an interest in the arts do not have to audition for entrance into our program. We take an interest in the arts and turn the interest into skill. However, we do occasionally test or audition for placement in more advance classes.
Creative students find their niche at HFAA. Here the arts are celebrated, and the artist is seen as the norm. Students often find a new interest and challenge in academics through our arts-integrated approach that was not available to them in other educational venues.
Our creative scheduling affords our students the opportunity to build their arts and academic awareness and provides ample opportunity for practice and performance. Our small supportive atmosphere helps each student achieve success academically and artistically.
Prospective Student Information Nights
If you want to learn more about Harding Fine Arts Academy attend one of the three identical Prospective Student Information Nights:
January 8, 2019
February 5, 2019
6:00 pm in the HFAA Auditorium
IMPORTANT Cover Letter and Lottery Procedures (coming soon!)
Admissions Application 2019 - 2020 Academic Year (coming soon!)
Completed applications due Friday, March 1st at 4:00 pm. (Copies of two utility bills need to be attached to the application (no cell phone bills) for the application to be considered complete.)
Applications may be submitted in person to:
Harding Fine Arts Academy
3333 N. Shartel Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Or, applications may also be submitted via mail to:
Harding Fine Arts Academy
P.O. Box 18895
Oklahoma City, OK 73154
10th, 11th & 12th Grade Transfer Student Admittance
Space for students transferring to HFAA is limited. Typically all of our classes are full and we typically have a wait list for all grades. An application on file submitted by a Transfer Student does not guarantee admittance. After eligible returning students (10th, 11th & 12th) are admitted and their class schedules are complete, additional student enrollment is based on the availability of a students’ required/desired class(es). (It is usually the summer before the school year before we can determine availability of new transfer students.) Space must be available without over-populating a class(es) before a student will be given the opportunity to enroll. Otherwise, we will move to the next student on the wait list. We do this in an effort to allow additional students to enroll whenever possible. Determination of availability is determined the summer before the school year is to begin.
Questions? Please contact our Director of Admissions: Misty Reed at email@example.com or call 405-702-4322.
Prospective students have the opportunity to "shadow" one of our HFAA Student Ambassadors. Your student can spend the school day going from class to class with our student.
The dates below are available for shadowing. Please use the Shadow Request form below to request a shadow day for your student. (Contact Misty Reed firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-702-4322 with questions.
Dates TBD - Spring 2019
Things you need to know if your students shadows at HFAA:
- Your student will only be able to shadow one of our trained Student Ambassador
- We are only able to accept a certain numbers of shadows a day. Please have more than one date in mind.
- School begins at 8:00 am.
- The Student Ambassador will meet your student in the main office at approximately 7:45 am.
- Please send $3.50 in exact change for lunch or have your student bring their lunch.
- Our students are not allowed to wear jeans. So if possible, your student should not wear jeans. Also, please have your students wear a solid shirt. Hoodies are not allowed at HFAA.
- School ends at 3:30 pm. Please ensure that you are at the school to pick up your student at 3:30 pm. Often times our Student Ambassadors have after-school activities and cannot supervise or stay with your student after school.
- Pick up and Drop off is on 33rd on the north side of the building.
- Parents/Guardians need to inform the middle school about their students absence.